Bet you didn't know that colors in business logos have a direct link to us mentally and different colors effect us differently.
What is Color Psychology? Color psychology is the study of hues as a determinant of human behavior. The meaning of colors can vary depending on culture and circumstances while all colors have symbolic meaning to us.
1. Effects of Colors In Life: Colors can conjure emotions and be manipulated to make us feel certain ways. They play a vital role in our daily lives that make us happy, sad, angry or melancholic. Some color effects have universal meanings, while warm colors which include yellow, orange and red evoke emotions that are different than those feelings of cool colors which include blue, purple and green and are often described as calming.
2. Impacts of Colors in Business: When it comes to identifying your brand, your logo is probably the first thing your customers will think of! The colors you chose deals with what emotions you want to convey to others and carries a narrative message. People make a subconscious judgment about a product in less than 90 seconds of viewing it. First Impression is the last impression!!
3. Logo’s & Colors: Thinking of red & Yellow logos, do any brands come to mind…? More than likely, you thought of a fast food brand. Take a moment to think about the colors in your and how it impacts you, your business and your clientele.
4. Yellow: Yellow is a cheerful and playful color associated with fun, energy and vitality. It can have the problem with not being perceived seriously. Yellow creates sense of taste and deals with thoughts imaginatively and creatively.
5. Red: In foods Red creates hunger & represents spice. It can also evoke Passion, Lust, Energy, Anger, Caution, Intensity.
6. Orange: Sociable, optimistic, cheerful, self-confident, independent, creative flair, and uplifting, rejuvenating our spirit. Orange brings a positive outlook on life and is a great color to use during tough economic times keeping us motivated and helping us to look on the bright side of life.
7. Silver: The color silver has a feminine energy. It is related to the moon and the ebb and flow of the tides. It is fluid, emotional, sensitive and mysterious. It is soothing, calming and purifying. From a color psychology viewpoint, it signals a time of reflection and a change of direction as it illuminates the way forward. Sliver color can related to elite, luxuries, and delicacy.
8. Blue: This color is one of trust, honesty and loyalty. It is sincere, reserved and quiet. From a color psychology perspective, blue is reliable and responsible. This color exhibits an inner security and confidence. You can rely on it to take control and do the right thing in difficult times.
9. Black: Positive: Sophistication, glamour, security, emotional safety, efficiency, substance. It creates protective barriers, as it absorbs all the energy coming towards you. It has a capacity to make you focus!