Home design follows fashion closely and tropical style has started popping up in the coolest apartments and houses.
Home design follows fashion closely and tropical style has started popping up in the coolest apartments and houses. If you love the idea of adding a little island-chic to your home or apartment, some of the easiest ways to get the look fast involve adding:
- Tropical print wallpaper (pick the removable, easy to peel style if you’re renting)
- A wall mural
- A large, potted indoor plant like a fig, bird of paradise, palm, rubber tree or elephant ear
- Art work in a gallery wall pattern
- A focal wall in a painted emerald green or lime green
- Accessories like pillows, a throw or area rug
- Hawaiian print bedding
- Tropical fabric for a headboard, arm chair or curtains
Regardless of where you live, tropical decorating is a great way to add some life and color into a room. As you see, adding tropical decor doesn’t have to be an exclusively green color scheme. There are plenty of other colors, textures and prints available ranging from modern and minimalist to lifelike photomurals to abstract interpretation.
Funky and cool living rooms
Dining Rooms Tropical Style
Bathroom, Office, Nook